Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Summer Nights

School was let out and my not-so-chill summer started without warning.  From basketball, to YoungLife Camp, to Colorado with friends, this summer has been hands down the busiest of them all.  Also, when everyone said the summer before senior year is the craziest time for getting ready for college, they weren't lying.  So here are some photos in chronological order of how my summer has been so far.  Not gonna lie, it's been pretty great! I hope to do some more in-detail posts on the more key aspects of the past few months, but for now this is all I've got!
A lovely tradition at MHS is that for the last week of school, the incoming seniors dress up each day.  This day's theme was "señoritas".  We thought the color coordination for the rainbow effect was a nice touch.

Another theme day of that week was "country club".  This has nothing to do with the fact of being the new seniors, but it's just how Memorial does it; with a little preppy style.

And end of the school year pool parties are a must.  They just start off the summer on a good note.


And a summer just wouldn't be the same without a few selfies with some of my closest friends!

Then come the bitter-sweet grad parties where we bid our older friends goodbye.  This one was for my good friend Melanie.  We are all going to miss her so much!

My mom and I went on a quick road trip to some of my favorite possible colleges.  This one included Dallas for SMU and Fort Worth for TCU.  Both schools were so amazing!

A great Father's Day with the family!

 

 
 
One of my most recent adventures(literally) was with YoungLife to Wilderness Ranch in the San Juan Mountains of Colorado.  I spent the week in the wilderness, with 12 girls, my leaders, an extra change of clothes, and God on my side.  It was definitely the most difficult week of my life, but at the same time the most incredible and rewarding.  More to come about that week later! I promise!

 
 
 
 
I spent the 4th of July with some good friends and their family in Colorado.  We went on some good hikes and saw the amazing Darius Rucker in concert!  Coming back to the Houston heat and humidity was tough, but it's nice to be back with my family and in my own home.  I'm surprised to say, I missed it here in H-town!






1 comment:

  1. What a fun summer!! Lucky duck! Thanks for sharing your photos!!

    ReplyDelete