Monday, April 16, 2012

Photo Essay

Today in photojournalism, my class was given an assignment; to create a photo essay over the next couple of weeks.  Having no idea what to expect or what a photo essay even is, I did some research.  Turns out, it's pretty self explanatory.  A photo essay is a series of photos, usually including supplementary text, meant to tell a story and portray certain emotions to the viewer.  Photo essays, usually show emotions.  The photos are meant to be shown in a certain order, symbolizing the sequence of events.
For my photo essay I will be taking pictures of an organization I volunteer for on Sundays.  Its called The Challenger Buddy Program, and it is to help children with disabilities play baseball.  It is an incredible experience, and I hope to portray the joyful emotions and the idea that everyone should have the opportunity to be involved with sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment